The Realtors Association of Jamaica recently launched a Multiple Listing Service (MLS). As a member of the association MULLINGS ALLEN REAL ESTATE participates to the fullest and invites you to take advantage of the benefits this service offers.
MLS listings are simply ‘exclusive listings with cooperation’ where the ‘cooperation’ has been formalized and institutionalized. When you sign a MLS listing effectively you are giving an exclusive listing to the entire real estate community. All listings are published to all realtors that this property is for sale/rent and it guarantees to them that they will earn a portion of the commission on the sale/rental of the property if they find the buyer/lessee. Therefore, you achieve immediately 100% cooperation, in a very organized way.
The benefits of an MLS listing:
- Market Exposure - Multiple Listings create optimum market exposure for your sale and rental properties, going of course beyond exclusive listings but even beyond what can be achieved through open listings with many different offices. All agents in the marketplace are now highly motivated to sell or rent your property as we are working together as a team to effect the sale or rental.
- Convenience to prospective buyers/lessees - By consolidating all properties for sale or rent in one place (Realtors Association of Jamaica website); it becomes much easier and more convenient for prospects to shop for the ideal property.
- Single Agent Representation – You will have the advantage of being able to work with one Realtor who will represent you throughout the process. As other agents bring prospects, you will have no need to deal with these other agents directly. You can rely on Mullings Allen Real Estate for all matters involved in the marketing of your property and in the negotiations leading up to a sale/rental.
- Market Efficiency – An MLS encourages cooperation among all agents. This improves productivity for the real estate industry and reduces inefficient activities.
- Market Transparency – The MLS creates a database of known sale/rental prices therefore true market values and trends are better understood by the agents, the owner and the lessee